Sewage Effluent Test Kit
- The only combined portable Sewage Effluent and Potable Water Test Kit
- Guaranteed to be the most cost-effective solution on the market
- Only replace what you use – you’ll never need to buy a full kit again
- No formal training required
Sewage Water Testing
This all-in-one portable water testing solution makes compliance with complex sewage discharge legislation easy. The Sewage Effluent Test Kit is designed to provide you with simple test methods which are guaranteed to be the most economical you will find or your money back. The kit requires no formal training and is the only all-in-one solution to guarantee complete compliance with the MLC 2006 and MARPOL ANNEX IV on-board water testing legislation.
All applicable vessels will need to maintain the system in line with the effluent standards or risk detention. The Martek Marine Effluent Test Kit provides simple tests for Permanganate Value, pH, Suspended Solids, Probable BOD, COD and TOC. The kit provides all the necessary tests to guarantee compliance for all commercial vessels. Crews who carry out regular testing will be able to take corrective action which will keep efficiency high whilst keeping downtime to a minimum and reducing costs. Our spares service means you only buy the full kit once and then replace what you use. This means you’ll reduce waste whilst reducing costs.
Sewage testing legislation was introduced as the discharge of raw sewage can create a health hazard, cause damage to the marine environment and, in coastal areas, can lead to oxygen depletion and obvious visual pollution. MARPOL Annex IV, (resolution MEPC.115(51)), came into force on 27th September 2008. It applies to ships on international voyages which are either 400gt and greater or less than 400gt when certified to carry more than 15 persons, which includes passengers and crew.
To order your spares, take a look here.
MARPOL Annex IV
- Coliforms – up to 250 CFU/100ml
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS) (onboard) – up to 100 mg/l
- Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) – up to 50 mg/l
- Coliforms – up to 100 CFU/100ml
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS) – up to 35 mg/l
- Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) – up to 25 mg/l
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) – up to 125 mg/l
- pH – between 6.0 – 8.5
- Chlorine (Free) – up to 0.5 mg/l
- Hard carry case
- Acidifying SE tablets (x300)
- Permanganate Value tablets (x300)
- Universal pH tablets (x100)
- Sterile sample containers (100ml, x3)
- Plastic test tubes (10ml, x2)
- Turbidity tube (13 inches)
- Test tube brush (12cm)
- Thermometer (x1)
- DPD free Chlorine (x500)
- PH Comparator disk 0-5mg (x1)
- Bacterial plates (pack of 4, x10)
- Incubator (x1)
- Coliform tests (x25)
- Disposable gloves (x100)
- Goggles (x1)
- Crushing rods (pack of 10)
How to use Martek's Sewage Effluent Test Kit
Guide to Sewage Water Testing
New technology and regulations have been developing for over a century and will continue to do so in the future. This guide will learn you about the sewage water legislation, terminology, testing guidelines and the best kit on the market.
Request More Information
Martek Marine Sustainability Statement
We are dedicated to building a sustainable and profitable business while continuing to operate responsibly with honesty, integrity and fairness.
At Martek Marine, we are committed to establishing high ethical standards of behaviour and effective corporate governance. This defines our strategic and financial objectives. Corporate responsibility remains central to delivering our strategy and achieving our success.
We are committed to conducting business in an environmentally responsible manner. We are putting in place processes to understand and address our responsibilities in respect of our operational impacts on the environment.
We aim to reduce the use of replacement parts and calibration to help overcome waste and excessive carbon emission.
Pioneering sustainable and innovative solutions for ship safety, performance and crew welfare