Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs)
- Activates automatically on immersion in water or manually
- Alerts via traditional 121.5MHz or VHF DSC
- Indicates GPS position via AIS every minute
- Individual MMSI identification
- Multiple targets can be tracked simultaneously
- Up to 75-mile range with worldwide satellite coverage
- Built-in flashing light enhances visual detection
- Utilises existing 121.5MHz receivers/SARfinders
The worlds most advanced man overboard device
90% of man overboard accidents (MOB) occur in calm seas
Sadly, more than half of these incidents result in fatality.
Given these shocking statistics, it’s surprising that there is currently no regulation in place for crews to be provided with a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB), outside of the fishing industry.
You’ll no doubt be aware of the regulations surrounding life jackets but without a PLB a MOB situation relies on luck alone for your safe return.
Are you missing a vital factor in the MASLOW of survival in MOB situations?
Less than 50% of those who fall overboard survive. When isolating this to cruise liners, where passengers and crew are less likely to be equipped with lifejackets/ PLB’s the fatality rate jumps to 86%.
With floatation and insulation covered, you still need to be located ASAP in order to be extracted as quickly as possible.
It is here where survival relies on rapid alarm and accurate location.
The Martek Marine PLB solutions are the first to be Atex1 Approved and have been designed to meet the new International Safety Standards. They use a combination of 121.5MHz, VHF DSC and AIS GPS technologies in a single, compact, robust unit giving you and your crew the greatest chance of survival in the event of a MOB situation.
Be the first to carry this market-leading product, with an exclusive offer.
Request More Information