Martek's people strategy is to recruit only the best and then invest massively in your development so that together we can fulfill our immense potential, achieve our vision and reap the rewards that come with success.
You can expect a lot at Martek from as high-quality Investor in People 'Gold’ company - it's a great place to work for high achievers. Our Vision is to be the world market leader – no compromise.
Achieving top-level results and having fun is what we’re about. We’re also determined to be 1 of the top 100 companies in the UK to work for. Become one of our amazing team to make it happen – and party hard with us when we achieve it.
We GUARANTEE you a stimulating, challenging and rewarding time.
As a Martek Service Engineer, your prime objective will be to provide remarkable customer service while completing installation, commissioning & calibration of our World-leading systems. In addition, you will provide an invaluable service to our customers carrying out fault finding procedures remotely and whilst on-site for repair projects.
The main locations are:
• Netherlands (mainly Rotterdam)
• Belgium (mainly Antwerp)
• UK (Falmouth, Immingham, Aberdeen, Liverpool)
• United Arab Emirates (mainly Dubai/Fujairah)
• USA (mainly Houston)
Ideally, you will have experience of working with Gas detection & instrumentation/ emission monitoring systems. Whilst experience of the marine industry is an advantage, technical knowledge and experience are more important. PLC experience, strong management ability with third party labour and experience with electrical installations are all advantageous.
In addition to outstanding communication skills and a high standard of written English; you must be an independent thinker, be able to solve problems and work on your own initiative.
The role includes international travel, so commitment and flexibility is absolutely crucial.
Work onboard can vary between 3 and 12 hours generally depending on the scope. Very rarely do attendances go into 2 days, but it is not uncommon to have to return to a vessel the following day. For major works such as big system commissioning or major repairs, you can spend 2 or 3 days on-site.
It’s not uncommon to travel from one location to another (i.e. Greece to Rotterdam), to conduct the next job in the schedule. The longest an engineer will be out in these instances is between 10 and 14 days and this is quite rare, rarely exceeding a week.
When in the office, you'll be;
• Testing warranty returns to determine if they can be repaired in house, repaired by supplier, or to be scrapped.
• Troubleshooting customer technical queries
• Ensuring all admin is in order such as credit card receipts, overseas allowance form up to date etc.
• Objectives work which could be product development, literature development, and personal development.
• Factory Acceptance Testing new build systems to support workshop/Operations Manager in enabling shipment.
• Planning ahead for future jobs in the schedules, such as acquiring scopes of work and preparing spare parts.
To apply you MUST have MASSIVE hunger, drive & energy – it’s not negotiable. You’ll also be obsessed about working long, smart & hard to deliver amazing results. We take it for granted that you’re already an accomplished technical professional with a track record of delivering real value to customers. In return we offer a great suite of benefits – some of which are listed below:
• £20 per person per month budget for a whole company social event
• £10 per person per month dept budget for lunch out, or another team-building event of the dept’s choice
• Westfield Level 2 Health Scheme- after 6 months
• Free parking on site
•Free fruit, free breakfast, free hot drinks
• Gym membership of £6 per month (the rest subsidised by the company)
• Subsidised Fitbit, free flu jab
• Annual team-building event
• Annual Christmas party for you + 1
If all this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then great!
Please register your interest and we'll send you an application pack
Please wait ...